    Subjectpage migration patchset
    Andrew,

    Dave Hansen and I have reordered the memory hotplug patchset so that the page
    migration patches occur first. This allows us to create a standalone page
    migration patchset (on top of which the rest of the memory hotplug patches
    apply). A snapshot of these patches is available at:

    http://sr71.net/patches/2.6.10/2.6.10-mm1-mhp-test7/

    A number of us are interested in using the page migration patchset by itself:

    (1) Myself, for a manual page migration project I am working on. (This
    is for migrating jobs from one set of nodes to another under batch
    scheduler control).
    (2) Marcello, for his memory defragmentation work.
    (3) Of course, the memory hotplug project itself.

    (there are probably other "users" that I have not enumerated here).

    Unfortunately, none of these "users" of the page migration patchset are ready
    to be merged into -mm yet.

    The question at the moment is, "Would you be interesting in merging the
    page migration patchset now, or should we wait until one or more of (1) to
    (3) above is also ready for merging?"

    (Historically, lkml has waited for a user of new functionality before merging
    that functionality, so I expect that to be your answer; in that case, please
    consider this note to be an preliminary notice that we will be submitting
    such patches for merging in the next month or so. :-) )
    --
    Best Regards,
    Ray