    SubjectRe: starting with 2.7
    Willy Tarreau wrote:

    > I feel they're brave. I know several other people who went back, either
    > because they didn't feel comfortable with upgrades these size, which
    > sometimes did not boot because of random patches, or simply because of the
    > scheduler which didn't let them type normally in an SSH session on a
    > CPU-bound system, or even a proxy which performance dropped by a factor of
    > 5 between 2.4 and 2.6. I know they don't report it, but they are not
    > developpers. They see that 2.6 is not ready yet, and turn back to stable
    > 2.4.

    Here is one more regression report.

    My /home was on reiserfs some time ago (migrated to ext3 using convertfs due
    to this regression). I read my mail with KMail. I am also subscribed to
    several mailing lists. I have a separate Maildir-formatted folder for each
    mailing list. Some of such folders are more than a year old and contain
    thousands of messages. With linux-2.4, I could click on such folder and the
    list of messages sorted by subject will appear in KMail almost instantly.
    With linux-2.6, this process takes much longer.

    Alexander E. Patrakov

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.024 / U:18.672 seconds]