SubjectRe: starting with 2.7

> > as long as more things get fixed than new bugs introduced (and that
> > still seems to be the case) things only improve in 2.6.
> >
> > The joint approach also has major advantages, even for quality:
> > All testing happens on the same codebase.
> > Previously, the testing focus was split between the stable and unstable
> > branch, to the detriment of *both*.
>
> You think so? I think the number of people testing the 2.4.xx-rc
> versions AND the 2.6.xx-bkN versions is a small (nonzero) percentage of
> total people trying any new release. I think people test what they plan
> to use, so there's less competition for testers than you suggest. People
> staying with 2.4 test that, people wanting or needing to move forward
> test 2.6.

Actually I suspect the number of people testing 2.4.xx-rc is *really*
small now. My point however was more towards a 2.6 / 2.7 split, where
the people who want to test newest do 2.7 while people who want to test
stable test 2.6; right now those two groups test basically the same
codebase.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.410 / U:0.608 seconds]