SubjectRe: 2.4.29, e100 and a WOL packet causes keventd going mad

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 08:23:47PM -0800, Bukie Mabayoje wrote:
> >
> > Scott Feldman wrote:

> > > I didn't look at the 2.4 case, but for 2.6, it seems e100 was enabling
> > > PME wakeup during probe. PME shouldn't be enabled while the system is
> > > up. I suspect the assertion of PME while the system is up is what's
> > > causing problems. This patch moves PME wakeup enabling to either
> > > suspend or shutdown.
> > >
> > > David, would you give this patch a try? Make sure the system still
> > > wakes from a magic packet if suspended or shut down, and doesn't cause
> > > kacpid to go crazy if system is running. If it helps for 2.6, perhaps
> > > someone can look into 2.4 to see if there is something similar going on
> >
> > This issue was reported on 2.4.
>
> Can any of you guys test v2.6, please?

I will be glad to test it now but I can't, I am currently doing some work on 2.4. If no one has tested it in the next few days I will validate it then.

By the way, do anyone have an idea how to get this functionality into 2.4 eepro100. The problem is that eepro100 code works on a non WOL cards.

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:1.326 / U:0.356 seconds]