SubjectRe: IPMI smbus and Intel 6300ESB Watchdog drivers
On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 02:26:03PM -0800, Bukie Mabayoje wrote:
>David Härdeman wrote:
>> 1) On the mainboard is a 6300ESB Watchdog Timer (pci id 8086:25ab), but
>> there seems to be no driver available for it.
>
>6300ESB is not a Watchdog Timer. It is an I/O Controller hub that includes a watch dog timer.

Ah well, I just quoted the output of lspci...

>> Does anyone know if there
>> is any such driver in progress or if I've misunderstood the situation?
>
>If you tell me why you are interested in the WDT, then maybe I will be able answer your question.

Hummm? In order to have watchdog functionality on the machine? But
nevermind, I already got that question answered (with the pci id update
for i8xx_tco).

>> 2) IPMI, Documentation/IPMI.txt mentions a ipmi_smb driver, but I could
>> find no such driver in the 2.6.10 tree. Am I missing something?
>
>Do you get the ISM package that shipped with the board? The ISM software stack in not part of the kernel. The IPMI stuff is part of Server Management.

As for IPMI, I have no idea, I just have no experience of it at all and
I saw that this mmotherboard supported IPMI so I thought it could be an
interesting experiment to learn a bit more about IPMI.

Re,
David

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.312 / U:0.036 seconds]