SubjectRe: 2.6.11-rc[1,2]-mmX scsi cdrom problem, 2.6.10-mm2 ok
On Mon, Jan 31 2005, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> Jens Axboe wrote:

> I was able to replicate this with a USB burner.
> My system didn't need a reboot. The "D" state was locked
> on "blk_execute_rq". The burner was still accessible via
> sg.

With a slave burner on the same interface as your hard drive, it would
soft hang the system.

> >>Jens,
> >>Hmm. Found the thread on lkml. I got an almost identical
> >>lock up in k3b with a USB external cd/dvd drive recently.
> >>My laptop didn't need rebooting (probably since the root
> >>fs is one an ide disk).
> >>
> >>That is a quite large patch that you referenced. I'll
> >>try and replicate and report back.
> >

> >My guess would be the scsi_lib changes, I would suggest you start there.
>
> Indeed. I'm not sure what I was thinking in
> scsi_io_completion(). This small reversion
> fixes my k3b problem; tested with a USB external
> burner.

Well at least I had hoped you would have tested patches going into
mainline...

Can you make sure it gets to Linus asap? Otherwise I'm sure I'll be
flooded with mails on burning not working very shortly.

--
Jens Axboe