    SubjectRe: FAT, NTFS, CIFS and DOS attributes
    Michael B Allen wrote:
    >>Thus, I'd propose:
    >> system.dosattrib - DOS attributes (single byte)
    >> system.dosshortname - DOS short name (e.g. for VFAT)
    > Oh, from the man page I thought 'system' attributes were "extended
    > attributes to which ordinary processes should not have access". Is that
    > not true? If it is true, how would an ordinary user change these attrs?

    Extended system attributes
    Extended system attributes are used by the kernel to store sys-
    tem objects such as Access Control Lists and Capabilities. Read
    and write access permissions to system attributes depend on the
    policy implemented for each system attribute implemented by
    filesystems in the kernel.

    It's not *that* broken...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.023 / U:46.572 seconds]