    SubjectRe: [3/8] kill gen_init_cpio.c printk() of size_t warning
    Followup to:  <>
    By author: linux-os <>
    In newsgroup:

    On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 09:09:48PM +0000, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    > Dear Wrongbot,
    > Bullshit. Signed is promoted to unsigned.

    I'm not sure who you're responding to here, but gcc emitted an actual
    warning and I was only attempting to carry out the minimal effort
    necessary to silence it. I'm not really interested in creating or
    being involved with controversy, just silencing the core build in the
    least invasive and so on way possible, leaving deeper drivers/ issues
    to the resolution of the true underlying problems.

    I don't have anything to do with the code excerpt above; I merely
    followed the style of the other unsigned integer coercions in the file.

    -- wli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.019 / U:34.272 seconds]