SubjectRe: [3/8] kill gen_init_cpio.c printk() of size_t warning
Followup to:  <>
By author: linux-os <>
In newsgroup:

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 09:09:48PM +0000, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Dear Wrongbot,
> Bullshit. Signed is promoted to unsigned.
I'm not sure who you're responding to here, but gcc emitted an actual
warning and I was only attempting to carry out the minimal effort
necessary to silence it. I'm not really interested in creating or
being involved with controversy, just silencing the core build in the
least invasive and so on way possible, leaving deeper drivers/ issues
to the resolution of the true underlying problems.

I don't have anything to do with the code excerpt above; I merely
followed the style of the other unsigned integer coercions in the file.

-- wli