Subjecthelp me to know when ethernet header added to packet by eth_header function

Can anybody explain me how ethernet header is
added to every packet outgoing? I check eth.c file and
found eth_header that is used for adding ethernet
header on skbuff packet. But does each packet calls
this function? I think not as theres a cache header
function used that cache ethernet header entry.
So my main question is that when my machine
first contacted to any other pc in LAN does it calls
eth_header and when require to send any type of packet
to same machine i thnik eth_cache_header is used is
that right???
Then can it be possible that if my machine not
contacted to any cached entry machine then eth_header
will be called again to build eth header for that
In an all when functions in eth.c will be
called/not called
Please kindly help me to identify it.
Thanks in advance.

Do you Yahoo!?