    Subjecthelp me to know when ethernet header added to packet by eth_header function

    Can anybody explain me how ethernet header is
    added to every packet outgoing? I check eth.c file and
    found eth_header that is used for adding ethernet
    header on skbuff packet. But does each packet calls
    this function? I think not as theres a cache header
    function used that cache ethernet header entry.
    So my main question is that when my machine
    first contacted to any other pc in LAN does it calls
    eth_header and when require to send any type of packet
    to same machine i thnik eth_cache_header is used is
    that right???
    Then can it be possible that if my machine not
    contacted to any cached entry machine then eth_header
    will be called again to build eth header for that
    In an all when functions in eth.c will be
    called/not called
    Please kindly help me to identify it.
    Thanks in advance.

    Do you Yahoo!?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.019 / U:15.172 seconds]