    SubjectRe: PNP and bus association
    Randy.Dunlap wrote:

    > Pierre Ossman wrote:
    >
    >> I recently tried out adding PNP support to my driver to remove the
    >> hassle of finding the correct parameters for it. This, however,
    >> causes it to show up under the pnp bus, where as it previously was
    >> located under the platform bus.
    >>
    >> Is the idea that PNP devices should only reside on the PNP bus or is
    >> there some magic available to get the device to appear on several
    >> buses? It's a bit of a hassle to search in two different places in
    >> sysfs depending on if PNP is used or not.
    >>
    >> Also, the PNP bus doesn't really say that much about where the device
    >> is physically connected. The other bus types usually give a hint
    >> about this.
    >

    > Not to take away from your question, but:
    > Is there "the PNP bus"? I've seen an ISA bus that (sort of)
    > supports PNP, PCI PNP, NuBus PNP, USB PNP, IEEE 1394 PNP, etc.

    It's not a physical bus but it is a bus as far as the kernel is
    concerned. And that's really my problem. I want it to support PNP, but
    also to associate with the physical bus it's connected to.

    Rgds
    Pierre

    PS. Your outgoing mail server gives the wrong HELO

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.026 / U:2.184 seconds]