SubjectPNP and bus association
I recently tried out adding PNP support to my driver to remove the
hassle of finding the correct parameters for it. This, however, causes
it to show up under the pnp bus, where as it previously was located
under the platform bus.

Is the idea that PNP devices should only reside on the PNP bus or is
there some magic available to get the device to appear on several buses?
It's a bit of a hassle to search in two different places in sysfs
depending on if PNP is used or not.

Also, the PNP bus doesn't really say that much about where the device is
physically connected. The other bus types usually give a hint about this.

Rgds
Pierre

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.052 / U:0.740 seconds]