SubjectRe: 2.6.11-rc2-mm1: fuse patch needs new libs
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 10:45:09AM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Sytse Wielinga wrote:
> >It is great that this is fixed, don't remove it, but it does require the fuse
> >libs to be updated at the same time, or opening dirs for listings will break
> >like this:
> >
> >not implemented)
> >
> >As I personally like for my ls to keep on working, and I assume others will,
> >too, I would appreciate it if you could add a warning to your announcements the
> >following one or two weeks or so, so that people can remove this patch if they
> >don't want to update their libs.
> By any chance would this also break perl programs which readdir?

Of course; I haven't tested it, but the actual ioctls aren't working anymore,
so it's not even _possible_ to get them to work with this patch and an old
version of the fuse libs, even with perl bindings, which go through the fuse
libs anyway.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.129 / U:0.072 seconds]