SubjectRe: 2.6.11-rc2-mm1: fuse patch needs new libs
On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 10:45:09AM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Sytse Wielinga wrote:
> >It is great that this is fixed, don't remove it, but it does require the fuse
> >libs to be updated at the same time, or opening dirs for listings will break
> >like this:
> >
> >open(".", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY) = -1 ENOSYS (Function
> >not implemented)
> >
> >As I personally like for my ls to keep on working, and I assume others will,
> >too, I would appreciate it if you could add a warning to your announcements the
> >following one or two weeks or so, so that people can remove this patch if they
> >don't want to update their libs.
>
> By any chance would this also break perl programs which readdir?

Of course; I haven't tested it, but the actual ioctls aren't working anymore,
so it's not even _possible_ to get them to work with this patch and an old
version of the fuse libs, even with perl bindings, which go through the fuse
libs anyway.

Sytse

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.099 / U:2.096 seconds]