SubjectRe: 2.6.11-rc2-mm1
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 02:15:16AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> - Lots of updates and fixes all over the place.
> - On my test box there is no flashing cursor on the vga console. Known bug,
> please don't report it.
> Binary searching shows that the bug was introduced by
> cleanup-vc-array-access.patch but that patch is, unfortunately, huge.

autofs has exploded far, far beyond complete nonfunctionality, where
in prior 2.6.x it was not quite so blatantly a doorstop preventing all
logins on the machine, and, in fact, multiuser mode altogether.

Whoever's responsible, prepare to be flamed to a crisp the likes of
which has never been witnessed before by observers of solar probes, nor
conceived of by the most visionary and imaginative of eschatologists.

-- wli