SubjectRe: Announce loop-AES-v3.0b file/swap crypto package

Fruhwirth Clemens <clemens@endorphin.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 22:26 +0100, markus reichelt wrote:
>
> > Fruhwirth Clemens <clemens@endorphin.org> wrote:
> > > This is FUD. To get serious in-depth information about the problems
> > > associated with dm-crypt and loop-aes read,
> > >
> > > http://clemens.endorphin.org/LinuxHDEncSettings
> >
> > excuse me, but that's just too academic for the end user. whatever
> > you're trying to say (apart from your obvious grudge against what
> > Jari is doing), it's not clear enough.
>
> I can't do nothing about that. Enlightenment is a gift everyone has to
> fight for on it's own.

yet you continue to stick the end user's nose into those hills and
mountains of enlightment (still largely to be fought for), knowing
for sure it won't do the end user any good.

so it seems to me that you're not interested in a mere end user's
feedback and even mock one's frustration about you communicating your
viewpoint.

> To the rest of your slightly emotional post. Most of the question
> have been already answered. I'm not going to restate my answers,
> the archive has it.

so i won't get answers to the questions not answered in the archives.

at least that's an answer not dripping with ... stuff.

> To your critiques of my reviewers:
>
> Your personal opinion has the same importance to me as the my
> review sources have to you. That's none.

read my lips. humor is for the gifted ones, and for everyone else
there's smilies. to repeat my feedback, unwrapped this time: include
additional info about your reviewers, a link will do just fine.
there's the slight possibility that your site's visitors may benefit
from these links, because your site does a pretty good job of leaving
end users in the dark.

let me summarize, i did not criticise your reviewers, i still am
criticising you for not stating the above on your site. may i suggest
you do so in the near future?

> What probably makes a different for others is, that the review
> sources on my web pages includes kernel developers, regulars on the
> dm-crypt mailing list and the IEEE chairman of Security in Storage
> Working Group.

not all these ppl are ignoring end users - why are you?

you seem to be anxious to state these facts on your site, be it just
for clarity's sake. seems that hill of enlightment is a full-grown
mountain, so be it. i can't tickle you every now and then for helpful
information though.

not every plant is a flower, and not everyone considers hunting down
information (which common sense would expect in plain sight) a worthy
fight for enlightment (hint hint).

> I'm sorry for my ranting ignorance. Life time is a limited
> resource. Especially mine.

I guess this is copyrighted under the GPL. please mention that fact
in the future.

/EOD
- --
Bastard Administrator in $hell

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.195 / U:0.036 seconds]