SubjectRe: [discuss] booting a kernel compiled with -mregparm=0
Sorry, it was a "red herring", namely my module's Makefile still had
"-mregparm=0" in CFLAGS, so that is why kdb showed it's arguments
correctly (and then paniced on the way out).

So we still have to deal with DWARF2 data then... Ok, will look into it.

Kind regards
Tigran

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Tigran Aivazian wrote:
>> I already solved this paricular problem. And the solution is (but don't
>> tell me you knew it, for then why didn't you tell anyone) simply ---
>> compile the kernel with -g and that includes enough debug information to be
>> able to decode the stack content correctly. And yes, kdb does show the
>> correct argument values now. No changes to kdb are necessary and no need to
>> do the work with dwarf2 implementation etc etc.
>
> actually I am very surprized that it worked (because looking at the code I
> concluded that it should NOT). So I need to retest in all cases to make sure
> this is not a coincidence but a solid fact...
>
> Kind regards
> Tigran
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.035 / U:0.292 seconds]