Subject[kbuild 0/5] Some of our patches
Hello,

here are some of our current patches that I consider appropriate for
mainline:

patches/check-symvers.diff
Warn when building external modules without modversions

Users often try to build additional external modules without compiling
the whole kernel first, and without the Module.synvers dump file.
This results in modules without modversions, which can be dangerous.

patches/default-configuration.diff
Don't use the running kernel's config file by default

Targets such as menuconfig fetch their default configuration from the
running kernel if .config doesn't exist. This often is the wrong
thing. Don't look at the running kernel for the usual configure
commands. Instead, add a new cloneconfig target (see next patch).

patches/cloneconfig.diff
Add cloneconfig target

This fetches the configuration from the running kernel, and configures
the kernel source tree based on that.

patches/mod_param-typeinfo.diff
Include type information as module info where possible

This patch was on the LKML before; it should have been merged but got
lost.

patches/remove-buildenv-paths-from-binaries.diff
Don't include absolute filenames in binaries

When building RPMs, we don't want build environment specific path names
to appear in binaries.

Regards,
--
Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@suse.de>