SubjectRe: MMC Driver RFC
Richard Purdie wrote:

> For reference, I got the 512MB SD card working by adding an mdelay(3)
> into the middle of mmc_send_op_cond(). Anything shorter and it marks
> the card as bad...

I fail to see what this delay does. A few lines further down you have a
mmc_delay which you have removed. That delay was added just to give slow
cards enough time to power up.

>> That page also contains the legal issues as I've understood them.
>
> *snip*
> So in short, I can't see any reason we can't put the code we have into
> the kernel...

The point here was that it will probably come back to bite us in the ass
if we create big obstacles for these companies. Even if it's "their own
fault" they joined the SD card association. But as Alan pointed out the
specs. are more or less public by now. Trade secret is most likely out
of the question, but its difficult to know exactly what the contracts
they have with their members say.
I, personally, would really like to see SD support included in the main
kernel. But I can also fully understand if that's not currently possible.

Rgds
Pierre

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.312 / U:0.012 seconds]