SubjectRe: thoughts on kernel security issues
Previously Marek Habersack wrote:
> So it sounds that we, the men-in-the-crowd are really left out in the crowd,
> people who are affected the most by the issues. Since the vendors are not
> affected by the bugs (playing a devil's advocate here), since they fix them
> for their machines as they appear, way before they get public.

vendor suffer from that as well. Suppose vendors learn of a problem in
a product they visibly use such as apache or rsync. If all vendors
suddenly update their versions or disable things that will be noticed as
well, so vendors can't do that.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert@wiggy.net> It is simple to make things.