    SubjectRe: propolice support for linux
    Arjan van de Ven wrote:
    > you haven't commented on the "why is this useful for the kernel"
    > question I asked,

    You didn't ask this question, and I did comment.

    > can you point out a single kernel buffer overflow ??

    Let's ask Edsger Dijkstra :-)

    ``Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but
    never to show their absence! -- Edsger Dijkstra, [1972]''

    I get your point though, but since it can't do any harm let us
    paranoid freaks have a proper patch at the least.

    > (I know userspace has them; I'm asking you specifically about
    > kernel space since you provide a patch useful for kernel space
    > only)

    Well I suggest it here as well:

    But got zero replies. Could you be so kind to point out to these
    people it's a good idea?

    # Han

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.020 / U:29.992 seconds]