SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] linux-libc-headers 2.6.10.0
Date
On Wednesday 12 January 2005 11:11, Mariusz Mazur wrote:

> Looks like you've linked your kernel's config.h to llh and that causes the
> problem. You shouldn't do that unless you have a specific reason to,
> otherwise you might end up with problems I'm unable to test for (I can't
> check every possible combination of kernel CONFIG_'s).

I know you are deliberately vague in the faq ;) But what about something like
X11? It needs the real config.h in order to build the kernel DRM drivers.
Should it be built against
1) llh + blank config.h
2) llh + real config.h
3) kernel source

I guess this ambiguity would go away once the real kernel headers have been
sanitized for userspace (ie we could always use the real config.h without
fear of breakage) But as you have already stated, the issues are complex, and
consensus is lacking. The longer the status quo continues, the more apps are
going to break when we do get round to it.

And I think, in this instance, the "shut up and hack" response is
inappropriate; Either these changes come from a senior linux hacker, or they
will be ignored/derided (again).

Andrew Walrond

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.037 / U:0.328 seconds]