    Subjectsecurity contact draft
    To keep the conversation concrete, here's a pretty rough stab at
    documenting the policy.

    Linux kernel developers take security very seriously. As such, we'd
    like to know when a security bug is found so that it can be fixed and
    disclosed as quickly as possible.

    1) Contact

    The Linux kernel security contact is $CONTACTADDR. This is a private
    list of security officers who will help verify the bug report and develop
    and release a fix. It is possible that the security officers will bring
    in extra help from area maintainers to understand and fix the security

    It is preferred that mail sent to the security contact is encrypted
    with $PUBKEY.

    As it is with any bug, the more information provided the easier it
    will be to diagnose and fix. Please review the procedure outlined in
    REPORTING-BUGS if you are unclear about what information is helpful.
    Any exploit code is very helpful and will not be released without
    consent from the reporter unless it's already been made public.

    2) Disclosure

    The goal of the kernel security contact is to work with the bug submitter
    to bug resolution as well as disclosure. We prefer to fully disclose
    the bug as soon as possible. It is reasonable to delay disclosure when
    the bug or the fix is not yet fully understood, the solution is not
    well-tested or for vendor coordination. However, we expect these delays
    to be short, measurable in days, not weeks or months. As a basic default
    policy, we expect report to disclosure to be on the order of $NUMDAYS.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.019 / U:16.232 seconds]