SubjectRe: thoughts on kernel security issues

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Greg KH wrote:

> So you would be for a closed list, but there would be no incentive at
> all for anyone on the list to keep the contents of what was posted to
> the list closed at any time? That goes against the above stated goal of
> complying with RFPolicy.

There's already vendor-sec. I assume they follow RFPolicy already. If it's
just another vendor-sec, why would you put up a new list for it?

In other words, if you allow embargoes and vendor politics, what would the
new list buy that isn't already in vendor-sec.

When I saw how vendor-sec worked, I decided I will never be on an embargo
list. Ever. That's not to say that such a list can't work - I just
personally refuse to have anything to do with one. Whether that matters or
not is obviously an open question.

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.313 / U:0.928 seconds]