SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.11-rc1
On Wednesday 12 January 2005 10:32, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Sergey S. Kostyliov wrote:
>> 2.6.10-rc1 hangs at boot stage for my dual opteron machine
>Oops, yes. There's some recent NUMA breakage - either disable
> CONFIG_NUMA, or apply the patches that Andi Kleen just posted on
> the mailing list (the second option much preferred, just to verify
> that yes, that does fix it).
> Linus

I also have a minor breakage, I've been using the forcedeth module for
my networking, and it apparently isn't being autoloaded with this
version. However, once booted, I can insmod it, and 'service network
start' and it appears to be ok then.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
99.31% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly attorneys please note, additions to this message
by Gene Heskett are:

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.131 / U:0.068 seconds]