    SubjectRe: Screwy clock after apm suspend
    Hi!

    > > I think that hwclock --hctosys is not quite straightforward operation
    > > -- it needs to know if your CMOS clock are in local timezone or GMT,
    > > or something like that, IIRC.
    > >
    > > But this might work: compute difference between system and cmos time
    > > before suspend, and use that info to restore time after suspend.
    >
    > Which is, of course, what APM has done all along ...

    Heh, but we need to find a way to do it without config options...

    #ifdef CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT
    # define clock_cmos_diff 0
    # define got_clock_diff 1
    #else

    ...no, it is actually okay, CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is only
    optimalization.

    Hmm...

    ...and arch/i386/kernel/time.c contains copy of that code. That means
    that we should kill apm.c copy and see why time.c copy sometimes does
    the wrong thing.
    Pavel