    SubjectRe: multi-domain PCI and sysfs
    Date
    On Tuesday, September 7, 2004 4:11 pm, David S. Miller wrote:
    > This is a real touchy area btw, because if there is no
    > VGA card, such I/O port accesses are going to trap and
    > we need to have a common way to handle that somehow.

    So I take it your platform won't soft fail the accesses and return all 1s? On
    ia64, I've got a patch to add some machine check code to deal with it, but it
    requires pre-registration of the regions that are to be used for legacy I/O
    (i.e. I have to record the memory range and pid at /proc/bus/pci mmap time so
    that the machine check handler can send a SIGBUS). A potentially cleaner
    option which Ben and I would prefer is to use the vga device Jon is creating
    to do legacy I/O with explicit read/write or ioctl calls.

    Jesse

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.021 / U:121.716 seconds]