Horst von Brand wrote:

>Hans Reiser <reiser@namesys.com> said:
>

>>Horst von Brand wrote:

>[...]
>>>>>

>>>Which is broken, as it forbids hard links to files.
>>>

>>No, it forbids hard links to the directory aspect of the file-directory
>>duality.
>>

>How do you distinguish a "hard link to the directory personality" from
>"hard link to the file personality"?

Put in (undoubtedly overly) simple terms, if you can do it to a file you
can do it to the file personality, but if you currently can only do it
to a directory and get an error from attempting it to a file then in the
new scheme doing it to the hard link only gives the same error.

Or, we can ask Alexander to help us use his deadlock detection algorithm
and try to do things right....

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.597 / U:0.144 seconds]