SubjectRe: [cryptoapi/sysfs] display cipher details in sysfs
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, James Morris wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Sep 2004, Greg KH wrote:
>
> > Other than that, I like this move, /proc/crypto isn't the best thing to
> > have in a proc filesystem :)
>
> The only issue is what to do about potentially expanding this into an API
> (e.g. open() an algorithm and write to it). Does this sort of thing
> belong in sysfs?

I already proposed to have a 'cryptoapifs' mounted e.g. under
/dev/cryptoapi with the "active" entrypoints while /sys would only hold
the "status" of the cryptoapi. Would this be a better approach?

Michal Ludvig
--
* A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.
* Personal homepage - http://www.logix.cz/michal