    SubjectRe: why do i get "Stale NFS file handle" for hours?
    På må , 06/09/2004 klokka 05:57, skreiv David Woodhouse:

    > The fact that we require a persistent table of exports at all, and can't
    > call back to mountd to authenticate 'new' clients instead of just
    > telling them to sod off if the kernel doesn't already know about them,
    > is considered by some to be a bug in knfsd.

    That should have been fixed in 2.6.x. If you do mount /proc/fs/nfsd, and
    use a recent enough version of mountd, then knfsd can and will work
    without any extra help from exportfs.

    The one problem I have found with this implementation is that it relies
    very heavily on reverse-DNS lookups, so it may give unexpected results
    if you have more than one name for your client. I can't see why that
    shouldn't be fixable, though...

    Cheers,
    Trond

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.020 / U:60.276 seconds]