SubjectRe: NVIDIA Driver 1.0-6111 fix
On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 19:20, J.A. Magallon wrote:
> On 2004.09.05, Horst von Brand wrote:
> > Lee Revell <rlrevell@joe-job.com> said:
> > > Tim Fairchild <tim@bcs4me.com> said:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > I have never understood why these people don't just run Windows.
> >
> > Some run Linux because it _works_, and also want to play.
> >

> and why do people think that a fast 3d card is only used to play ?
> I'm involved in graphics modelling, 3d simulation, 3d realtime and so on.
> Try to run softimage on top of software GL...
> Or run a lighting simulation of a building on top of the nv+mesa combo.

These users I would expect to use a 3D card with open source drivers,
since correctness is more important than performance in these
situations.

I am more interested in using hw-accelerated 3D for GUIs for audio
apps. It's by far the cheapest way to update banks of meters, etc. A
binary only 3d driver is out of the question, it's hard enough to get it
all to work when you have the source...

Lee

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.062 / U:0.188 seconds]