SubjectRe: New proposed DRM interface design
On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 12:41:40PM +0100, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> Please don't think that I'm talking for Tungsten at this or any other time on
> the DRI list. I'm talking for myself and have never attempted to convey here
> or elsewhere a "company" view without explictly flagging it up as such.
> Apologies if the use of a TG mailing address is confusing, but I will have to
> continue using it for the meantime as it is the one subscribed to this list.

Even if you are not speaking for Thungesten you pretty much show that
Thungsten has developers that in an area that overlaps with their works are
not willing to get things done the kernel way.

This should be a v ery big warnings sign for potentitial Thungsten Customers
to look for a better supplier or at least give very strong directions.

> Likewise, are you making a RedHat statement that you believe that your
> endusers need to be able to compile a kernel to use your products, or is that
> a statement of a regular LK developer? I'm sure you appreciate the parallel.

That's not what he said. But sees Dave's next mail.

> But in general, yes, I'd like to think that you don't have to have even heard
> of a compiler in order to be able to install a video driver...

And how does taking random dri snapshots help you there? The only sane way
to make that happen is to make sure it's in the various distro kernels ASAP.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.217 / U:0.552 seconds]