    Please CC any replys to be personally as the volume of this mailinglist
    is unfortunately too much for my free account. Thanks.

    Hello together,

    during the last 1.5 weeks I have lost a lot of hair over following .

    BACKGROUND: I have a FIC 2012 mainboard with uses the VIA VT82C597
    chipset. Attached to the usb port is a usb memory pen drive which serves
    as the root device.

    PROBLEM: USB produces gets bulk transfer message timeouts for earlier
    kernels ~2.4.6. Or inconsistent links (looses link after some time) for
    newer kernels ~2.6.7 (messages similar to "refusing I/O to device being
    removed" or "refusing I/O to dead device"). I have tried kernels until
    2.6.9-rc2 (could not get to run at all).

    After lots of research I realized that usb problems with via seem to be
    a very common problem but could not find anything definitive.

    Can anybody tell me whether this chipset works with any kernel - and if
    yes with which? I guess I have to use a different mainboard!?

    Thank you very much in advace!

    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (MingW32)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.021 / U:2.156 seconds]