SubjectLicensing bug, and...
Date
Possible:
users ( SuSE, Kondara, Yggdrasil... ) of the Linux kernel are /required/ to
inform the kernel-developers of discovered-bugs, if they didn't already know (
search of archives of the list, or whatever ), and also are /required/ to forward
any bugfix to the kernel-developers when said user commits it to their own
system/distro, if the kernel-developers haven't corrected-it already.

Currently:
users of the Linux kernel can keep-quiet about discovered-bugs & develop their
own fixes to 'em, posting them obscurely, so as to attack the /entire/ rest of
the Linux community, in-order to leverage their position /in/ the community,
against ( inadvertently ) the community itself.

The "Possible" version makes the kernel, and integrity, primary, and is the
paradigm knowing Linux's competition against undealt-with defects.

The "Current" version ignores that the kernel is crucial and damages Linux for
sake of fragmentation-based "position"al leverage.

I'd rather see the kernel be /coherently/ improved, and this has bugged,
at-least, the Gentoo groons ( in their direct experience, of having to study many
distros' updates to discover fixes to the kernel that GPL allows to be "released"
in a way that doesn't /directly make/ kernel-integrity ), and knowlege-types like
me who can't stand broken algorithms, wherever they be.

Is DNS is based on mathematical-root with reason? I believe so...

I /believe/ that the kernel balances reads evenly across all RAID-1 components,
but...

Why not have /asymmetrical/ RAID-1, like this:

(ECC) RAM-disk \
RAID-1
RAID-6 array /

with ALL reads done from RAM, and writes going to both?

Incredible speed coupled-with reliability, that TTBOMK, nothing else can
compete-with.

Maybe this already is the case, but I simply haven't found-out otherwise, so...

Why don't any linux-type-developers make a 3D engine using stereogram-based display?

Like the XMMS wine-dependent plugin Fishmatic.

It'd make engineering-walkthroughs of complex complexes have visceral validity,
though it'd eat Opterons like potato-chips, I guess...

Good for Games, too: Depth-perception through a normal monitor.

Just asking...

I've kept-quiet about these for years, not being a coder, figuring everyone's
/not/-doing 'em for good reason, but
What The Heck?

Do with these ideas what you will, & I wish youse well, and
I only read Kernel Traffic, not subscribe, so if you want to get me, e-mail,
please: I cannot afford the web-mail space right now, and have no 'net
connection, and am not getting yet-a-bloody-'nother e-mail address, since my
password-remembering braincells are almost all gone...

Cheers

---- Introducing Spymac MailPro: http://www.spymac.com/mailpro/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.028 / U:1.128 seconds]