SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Full CPU-usage on sis5513-chipset disc input/output-operations
Hendrik Fehr writes:
> Mikael Pettersson writes:
> > [...]
> > These are "received illegal vector" errors. They indicate
> > a serious problem, either with the local APIC bus itself,
> > or with how the ACPI/MP tables cause us to program the local
> > and I/O APICs.
> >
> > Do the errors persist if you disable ACPI?
> >
> I just tried the following two things:
> Boot option "acpi=off" (made the cusour switching faster on and off). And when
> it came to ide setup i get lots of "hda lost interrupt". The system is
> unbootable with that option.
>
> With boot option "noapic" there are no more APIC error messages. Should i add
> that boot option to my defaults in /etc/lilo.conf?

Try pci=noacpi (or however that option which prevents ACPI PCI
IRQ routing is spelled) first.

noapic is a workaround for breakage in other subsystems.
You'll lose interrupt vectors, but that may be preferable
to instability.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.043 / U:0.772 seconds]