SubjectRe: 2.6.9-rc2-mm3: swsusp horribly slow on AMD64
Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Pavel,
>
> I've just tried to suspend my box and I must admit I've given up after 30
> minutes (sic!) of waiting when there were only 12% of pages written to disk.
> Apparently, swsusp slows down to an unacceptable level after saying "PM:
> Writing image to disk".

is this reproducible? can you get sysrq-t / sysrq-p while it is slow
writing to disk?
I have seen this, too but i cannot nail it down to some specific
pattern, it just "sometimes" is slow. Sysrq-p shows me it's almost
always in "pccardd" (where it shouldn't be during suspend, iiuc).
Unfortunately Pavel does not see this so we have to convince him that
this is really a problem ;-)
So if you can reproduce this, it would be a step in the right direction.

Stefan

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans