    SubjectRe: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc2-mm1-S3
    Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > i've released the -S3 VP patch:

    OK. Bad things seem to happen with this patch. Each time I booted it
    (twice) several telnet connections get dropped before I get a prompt
    (this is without any load on the system). The system SEEMED a bit less
    responsive. I can't be sure about that because I booted it remotely.
    After starting stress-kernel and logging out, I couldn't get back into
    the system remotely. Telnet and ssh both would just hang indefinitely.
    The console was still useable I think (according to my wife being my
    remote hands and eyes.) I saw no indications in the log of any
    unhappiness or any indications of why connections were dropping and
    hanging. Also the highest latency reported was 252 usec.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.021 / U:32.564 seconds]