    SubjectRe: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc1-bk4-R0
    > Judging from these graphs, all of the latency issues are solved, at
    > least on my UP hardware, and the latencies seem to be getting very close
    > to the limits of what the hardware can do:
    >
    > http://krustophenia.net/testresults.php?dataset=2.6.9-rc1-Q6#/var/www/2.6.9-rc1-Q6/jack-test-1
    >
    > The worst case latency is only 160 usecs, and the vast majority fall
    > into the pattern from 0 to 120 usecs. All of the spikes above 120 are
    > almost certainly caused by netdev_max_backlog. However these are not
    > long enough to cause any problems with my workload; the lowest practical
    > latency for audio work is around 0.66 ms (32 frames at 48khz).

    Lee,

    A few weeks ago you wrote that "the worst latency I was able to trigger
    was 46 usecs", now it's 160 usecs.

    Ingo has done much work on his patches since then.

    Why the worst latency is higher now? I presume that the latency
    measurements technique are more accurate and the 46 usecs was
    inaccurate?

    Ref: http://uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0407.3/0994.html

    Best regards,

    Eric St-Laurent

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.028 / U:30.744 seconds]