On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Hans Reiser wrote:

> learning how to turn the hand crank to start your car. Just the look of "tar
> -xf" turns them away. Crypto-Geek gobbledy-gook is what it is. Let's value
> their time, there are a lot of them.

These kinds of people would use something like file-roller in GNOME,
and they'd care not a jot whether file-rollers used built-in
tar support, and/or openat() or via file-as-dir fs support.

All they care about is that they get a window with icons for their
files that they can click on. How it's done does not matter - it only
matters to those who must write the code.

> Hans

Paul Jakma Key ID: 64A2FF6A
I haven't lost my mind; I know exactly where I left it.