    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Hans Reiser wrote:

    > learning how to turn the hand crank to start your car. Just the look of "tar
    > -xf" turns them away. Crypto-Geek gobbledy-gook is what it is. Let's value
    > their time, there are a lot of them.

    These kinds of people would use something like file-roller in GNOME,
    and they'd care not a jot whether file-rollers used built-in
    tar support, and/or openat() or via file-as-dir fs support.

    All they care about is that they get a window with icons for their
    files that they can click on. How it's done does not matter - it only
    matters to those who must write the code.

    > Hans

    regards,
    --
    Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org Key ID: 64A2FF6A