    SubjectRe: xilinx_sysace
    On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:24:11 +0100, Jon Masters <jonmasters@gmail.com> wrote:

    > The driver works fine for me as a read only device but I'm still
    > seeing occasional hard locks on writes (looks to be something not
    > getting io_request_lock at the right moment - currently
    > investigating). They use a kernel thread which just sits and
    > compensates for the hardware not being able to signal when it is ready
    > for a new request - and I think there's a race there.

    It's as I thought on and off and then on again - the code checks out
    ok (it's not pretty but it works) - and I seem to be getting unwanted
    extra unhandled interrupts from the hardware. This driver needs a lot
    of cleanup anyway - it doesn't handle these kinds of error state, nor
    does it handle the removal of a mounted CompactFlash, and a dozen
    other typical problems. I'll post a patch when I've solved the main
    problem - moan at me by private mail if you're using this, having
    similar issues, and feel like helping.

    Jon.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.021 / U:0.368 seconds]