    SubjectRe: [Patch] cpusets: fix race in cpuset_add_file()
    Simon wrote:
    > However, your remark is welcome, since there is indeed a slight chance of
    > deadlock with my patch, but it needs 2 mkdirs racing.

    Glad my confusions led to some good.

    Let me think about this one a bit.

    I had it in my brain that the cpuset_sem should be held across the
    entire cpuset_populate_dir(), as if there would be a problem with
    another task getting this lock while a directory was half populated.

    But I don't know if that was a valid concern, or just a superstition on
    my part. I'll stare at this a bit more, and get back to you, either
    way.

    --
    I won't rest till it's the best ...
    Programmer, Linux Scalability