SubjectRe: [Patch] cpusets: fix race in cpuset_add_file()
Simon wrote:
> However, your remark is welcome, since there is indeed a slight chance of
> deadlock with my patch, but it needs 2 mkdirs racing.

Glad my confusions led to some good.

Let me think about this one a bit.

I had it in my brain that the cpuset_sem should be held across the
entire cpuset_populate_dir(), as if there would be a problem with
another task getting this lock while a directory was half populated.

But I don't know if that was a valid concern, or just a superstition on
my part. I'll stare at this a bit more, and get back to you, either

I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability
Paul Jackson <> 1.650.933.1373