SubjectRe: Suspend2 Merge: e820 table support.
Hi.

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 21:37, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > Hmm, it also contains (saveable()):
> > >
> > > BUG_ON(PageReserved(page) && PageNosave(page));
> >
> > How do you cover those HighMem pages that get marked Reserved and are
> > unusable? (That's what the e820 logic was for, iirc. Think it was done
> > about February!). Not handling them resulted in MCEs when trying to do
> > the atomic copy or when restoring (seemed random).
>
> This function is not use for highmem, AFAICS. If page is marked
> reserved we do not touch it. Do you suggest that we need to save it
> for highmem case?

I love trying to remember things from six months ago. Will have to look
at the email from around then and get back to you.

> MCEs... I see you have patch to disable them during suspend... That's
> clearly wrong thing to do, right?

Yes, we shouldn't need to disable them if we have above right. I'll test
removing that with some of the people who had MCE issues.

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

Many today claim to be tolerant. True tolerance, however, can cope with others
being intolerant.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:1.106 / U:0.560 seconds]