SubjectRe: Losing too many ticks! .... on a VIA epia board
Date

> Do you have a VIA chipset on this system?

Yes, it's a laptop with a k8t800 chipset. But I have some problems with
the soulution to disable ACPI though it's a laptop and diabling ACPI
would say no frequency scaling, no fan regulation etc. Does the PM_Timer
work on amd64 or isn't it just for x86? I think that i had heard about
that it wouldn't bring any effect on x86-64. We have discussed this
issue for a long while on the gentoo amd64 forums though it looks like
that just amd64 users have this problems.

Here a link but without any useful solution, we had the things with
disabling ACPI or enabling the PM-Timer already.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=191716

As I know this problem started with kernels later than 2.6.5, don't know
the exact version, end ended with kernel 2.6.8 which only reports lost
ticks > 100 by default. But we still loose ticks and i don't like this
even if i don't see it anymore on dmesg.

Georg Schild

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.052 / U:0.036 seconds]