SubjectRe: I2O Updates + Questions
Hello,

Alan Cox wrote:

> Markus, the new I2O stuff mostly looks nice. I found a few bits that
> seem wrong and some of my old cleanup bits still needed
> The attached patch files
> - Fix misformed error messages in i2o_block

Okay...

> - Add recieve_to_virt and send_to_virt to clean up remaining
> virt_to_* usage. (I've tweaked them to reflect the i2o_dma
> objects) so hopefully I got it right
> - Post an 8 byte startup message area. Some Promises scribble on the
> wrong dword. Also catch this
> - Fix several cases where messages got written to I/O space without
> i2o_raw_writel
> - Fix a case where we skipped dpt controllers on quiesce and didnt
> skip them on enable
> - Add some bits to try and get promise behaving again
> - Cleaned up the probe loop
> - Removed the remainder of i2o_retry and used the trick I was using
> in my test code from back whenever- on congestion report BUS_BUSY
> and leave it to the scsi layer

Ohohhh... i2o_core.c shouldn't be there anymore... I've split up
i2o_core.c in own files e. g. iop.c, pci.c, ...

Probably i've made a mistake with the patch i've submitted...

Will try to get it removed...

> Looking at the code the event stuff seems totally broken in the new code
> both in core and the commented out i2o_block code (which now leaks

The I2O Block driver doesn't use the event notifaction anymore, instead
it uses the probe and remove functions to add or remove disks...

> memory). Also i2o_scsi error path does a readl on msg->body[3] which is
> wrong as msg->body[3] is in kernel space and its contents are an I2O
> side message value so should get fed to i2o_send_to_virt().

The msg points to the outbound queue of the controller, don't i need a
readl there?

> Other question is message size - right now it uses the 2.4 message size
> which is twice what all the vendors recommend as working best (and
> doesn't work at all on AMI)

The message size from the outbound queue of the I2O controller?

Yep, the dpt_i2o driver even set it to 17 instead of 128 :-)

Sorry for the mistake with the i2o_core.c.

Thanks for taking time to look at the I2O driver!

Best regards,

Markus Lidel
Markus Lidel (Senior IT Consultant)

Shadow Connect GmbH
Carl-Reisch-Weg 12
D-86381 Krumbach
Germany

Phone: +49 82 82/99 51-0
Fax: +49 82 82/99 51-11

E-Mail: Markus.Lidel@shadowconnect.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.035 / U:0.064 seconds]