SubjectRe: Scheduler fairness problem on 2.6 series (Attn: Nick Piggin and others)
--- Peter Williams <pwil3058@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>> Nicolas,
>> I'll generate a combined patch and let you know when it's ready. In
>> the mean time, could you try increasing the "base_promotion_interval" to
>> about twice the time slice size?
>

>A patch for the ZAPHOD compiler on top of the R5 voluntary preemption
>patches is available at:
>
><http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/cpuse/patch-2.6.9-rc1-vp-R5-zaphod-v5.0.1?download>
>
>Due to the fact that the R5 patch requires the bk12 patch to be applied
>to 2.6.9-rc1 before it is applied, generating a combined patch resulted
>in a very large patch (and lots of duplicated effort) so this patch is
>not a combined patch but is relative to a 2.6.9-rc1 kernel with bk12 and
> voluntary preempt R5 patches already applied.

I have been running for several days with this patched kernel, with
0 for max_ia_bonus
and 0 for max_tpt_bonus
in "pb" mode

and there are no slow downs at all: my system is running very steadily now!

So it seems that we are getting somewhere!!

Nicolas

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.071 / U:0.948 seconds]