SubjectRe: [ck] Re: 2.6.8.1-ck7, Two Badnessess, one dump.
Con,

I did not mention before, I thought it was a fluke on my system. Now
its affecting two systems since applying ck7.

<snip>
hda: dma_intr: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }

ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hda: set_drive_speed_status: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete
DataRequest }ide: failed opcode was 100
hda: dma_intr: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }

ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hda: set_drive_speed_status: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete
DataRequest }ide: failed opcode was 100
hda: CHECK for good STATUS
<snip>

That is happening while applying the dma settings to the hard drive.

In both cases, the drive is a Western Digital 40GB hard drive. That is
the only solid commoniality. One is a P4 2.8, the other a P4 2.4.
Intel Chipset + Intel IDE in one, Intel Chipset + HighPoint chipset in
the other.

However, the code is exactly the same.

Thanks,
Joshua

Con Kolivas wrote:

> Joshua Schmidlkofer wrote:
>
>> I upgraded from 2.6.8.1-ck5.
>>
>> First off - this has been a landmark improvement for me. Running an
>> "emerge -a world" on my system has gone from a matter of minutes to a
>> matter of seconds.
>>
>> The performance has been !outstanding!. [Disclosure: Using NVIDIA
>> Binary Drivers]
>

> Great to hear. Thanks for feedback.
>
> Not sure about the xfs one... perhaps it's related to the cfq one.
>
>> Badness in cfq_sort_rr_list at drivers/block/cfq-iosched.c:428
>

> Known issue. There is a fix posted already in my ckdev directory (as
> posted by Jens Axboe). The stack dump, while annoying and causes a
> stall for a couple of seconds I believe, is harmless. Please apply the
> cfq2 fix in my ckdev directory for this to go away.
>
> http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.8.1/2.6.8.1-ckdev/
>
> Cheers,
> Con

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.063 / U:1.064 seconds]