    SubjectRe: swsusp: kill crash when too much memory is free
    On Sunday 12 of September 2004 22:42, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > Hi!
    > > > Hmm, I do not know what nForce3 is (it should use better name at the
    > > > minimum), but that driver probably needs some work.
    > >
    > > It is the sound chip (ie snd-intel8x0). If I unload it after resume,
    > > everything's fine and dandy. Moreover, if I unload it before suspend, the
    > > box wakes up with no problems (of course, I have to unload the other
    > > too, as I said before).
    > >
    > > However, I think the problem is with the hardware, not with the driver: if
    > > sound driver is unloaded before suspend and loaded again after resume, the
    > > box behaves as though it were loaded all the time (ie IRQ #5 goes mad).
    > > there any boot options that may help get around this?
    > Hmm, I do not think it is hardware problem.

    You're right, it isn't. If the kernel is booted with pci=routeirq, the
    problem goes away, as I've said already.

    > Does snd-intel8x0 have any suspend/resume support?

    It seems it doesn't, but frankly I haven't looked at the code.

    - Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
    - That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.
    -- Lewis Carroll "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.021 / U:10.180 seconds]