SubjectRe: radeon-pre-2
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:00:33 +0100, Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> > > Your personal plan.
> >
> > I'm writing code to fix the conflicts between vesafb, fbdev, DRM and
> > XAA and you're not. Either provide your own code for sorting out the
> > resource conflicts or keep your opinions to yourself.
>
> You can write all the code you like its still "your personal plan". I
> have seen nothing but rejection of it by the kernel community.

My "personal plan" has been posted for comment to all relevant email
lists -- xorg, fbdev, dri, and lkml. All feedback that was received
was addressed and incorporated. Various aspects of the plan were
talked about at three OLS sessions. Everyone has been invited to
participate. I even went through significant effort to encourage
fbdev developers to come to OLS and discuss the changes.

Plan as orginally posted to lkml:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/8/2/111

If the kernel community is going to reject this plan please let me
know now so that I won't waste a year of my life writing the code for
it. If Linux wants to stay with a 1980's desktop that's fine; at least
Microsoft and Apple are innovating.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@gmail.com