    SubjectRe: radeon-pre-2
    On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:00:33 +0100, Alan Cox <> wrote:

    > > > Your personal plan.
    > >
    > > I'm writing code to fix the conflicts between vesafb, fbdev, DRM and
    > > XAA and you're not. Either provide your own code for sorting out the
    > > resource conflicts or keep your opinions to yourself.
    > You can write all the code you like its still "your personal plan". I
    > have seen nothing but rejection of it by the kernel community.

    My "personal plan" has been posted for comment to all relevant email
    lists -- xorg, fbdev, dri, and lkml. All feedback that was received
    was addressed and incorporated. Various aspects of the plan were
    talked about at three OLS sessions. Everyone has been invited to
    participate. I even went through significant effort to encourage
    fbdev developers to come to OLS and discuss the changes.

    Plan as orginally posted to lkml:

    If the kernel community is going to reject this plan please let me
    know now so that I won't waste a year of my life writing the code for
    it. If Linux wants to stay with a 1980's desktop that's fine; at least
    Microsoft and Apple are innovating.

    Jon Smirl

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.036 / U:46.744 seconds]