SubjectRe: 2.6.9-rc1-mm4 badness in rtl8150.c ethernet driver : fixed
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Eric Valette wrote:

> Petko Manolov wrote:
>
> I never saw traces showing the card should be resetted. It hung occasionnaly
> in the past but did not know who to really blame (USB vs drivers). It is now

Well, i haven't touched anything major in many many months. :-)

> working well for quite a long time now allthough I periodically transfers
> more than 100mb via ftp...

That is good news, although many other people have made worse reports in
the past.

> I'm not sure 2.6.9-rcx-mmx will provide valuable data, we will probably have
> to wait until distro incoporates this code to get some reasonnable hints...
> Do you have some well known driver users you could ping to get feedback more
> quickly?

None that i am aware of.

> Anyway, you are aware of the problem and I know how to fix my problem so all
> is fine.

All right - lets wait for a little while and see what sort info we'll get.
Then we'll decide accordingly.

Petko

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans