    SubjectRe: f_ops flag to speed up compatible ioctls in linux kernel
    On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 03:50:11AM -0600, filia@softhome.net wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > Stop being arrogant.
    > Can you please elaborate on how to make Linux kernel support e.g. motion
    > controllers? They do not fit *any* known to me driver interface. They have
    > several axes, they have about twenty parameters (float or integer), and

    parameters nicely fit in sysfs.

    > they have several commands, a-la start, graceful stop, abrupt stop. Plus
    > obviously diagnostics - about ten another commands with absolutely
    > different parameters. And about ten motion monitoring commands. And this is
    > one example I were need to program.

    a write() interface doesn't work???
    Hard to believe, you even call them commands.
    fd = open("/dev/funkydevice");
    write(fd, "start");

    doesn't sound insane to me

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.022 / U:30.548 seconds]