    SubjectRe: [RFC] Bug zapper? :)

    Rik van Riel wrote:
    > On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, John Richard Moser wrote:
    >

    >>What I'm suggesting isn't much though, is it really?
    >

    > Then why haven't you done it already ? ;)

    Alright, it's a big undertaking ;)

    > On a more serious note, some other people are already
    > auditing the code on a regular basis, while you weren't
    > paying attention ...

    I'm suggesting things to make code auditing simpler, more accurate, more
    precise. "Quality-Assurance audited code still contains on average 5
    bugs per kloc" is a really nasty thought.

    http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/8/9/369 was the major explaination. It's big
    and clunky to have before each function; but at least it's not ugly, and
    it's potentially helpful. Maybe a few of the like in the smallest
    driver possible to see how it feels? (/dev/mem?)