SubjectRe: [BUG] PPC math-emu multiply problem
Dan Malek wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2004, at 12:56 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
>
>> Has anyone had a problem with this? If not, I'll go and pass it
>> along...
>

> The default rounding mode should be whatever is defined
> by IEEE. I thought the emulator used the proper default value
> and if want something different it should be selected by
> the control register. Maybe the emulator isn't implementing
> the control register properly.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -- Dan

The submitted patch changing the default rounding mode
caused several regressions in the LSB suite, so it was
NOT the correct fix.

Greg made a finer-grained change which seems to have
made LSB happy. Unfortunately, he's on vacation this
week, or I'd have him submit the patch he finally used.

I THINK he changed the rouding mode only for a single
corner case in the normalization macro, but that's
about all I remember...

--
Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell's sig